Monday, March 31, 2014

Recipe Series!! The most delightful Lemon Poppyseed Muffin Sweetness you'll ever eat.

Hey everyone! 

So, jumping right to my amazing awesomeness that IS these Lemon Poppyseed muffins...I decided a few days ago that i wanted to bake. I truly love baking! It's so fun to come up with your own ideas and throw them together to see what they create. 

I haven't had the greatest of luck in the past when i made my own recipes, just because i didn't know enough about the importance of all of the ingredients. But after a lot Lot LOt LOT of experimenting, I sorta got the hang of it. ;) 

These came out like a charm! & are seriously SO super easy!


You'll need: 


  1. Grease a muffin pan.
  2. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.


  • 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour (I used King Arthur. You could also use all purpose flour)
  • 1/4 cup organic sugar (It doesn't HAVE to be organic, but that's really all I use)
  • 2 tbsp poppy seeds
  • 2 tsp baking powder (mine is alluminum free)
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • juice from 1 lemon
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk (I used So Delicious Sugar Free, but any kind will work here too, even almond milk!)
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp lemon flavoring (Optional)
In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients together & mix well, making sure all of the poppyseeds are dispersed evenly. In a medium mixing bowl combine all of the wet ingredients. The lemon juice will actually make the coconut milk separate a little bit, but that's totally normal. Then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Scoop the batter into the muffin pan, about 2/3 of the way (if you want an extra little treat--sprinkle a little bit of sugar on the top of the batter before putting it in the oven) & place in the oven for 20-22 minutes, or until done.  You can use the toothpick test to determine if they are done. :)

Seriously they are SO moist & so delicious. SO super satisfying, and truly exactly what i look for in a lemon muffin. :) I'm working on a recipe to try and get them a LITTLE bit fluffier, but until then: these are the puppies to go to!

Enjoy them! Believe me, I have been!

Till another day,
Kiah :)

2 comments:

  1. Sooo... it's been awhile since I said I was going to try these, but I did something wrong! The muffins didn't rise at all - kind of brick-ish. Not much flavor, either. One thing I definitely changed out of desperation was that I made two flax eggs instead of the apple sauce because I didn't have any and was impatient. I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes, as I really do not bake much. Mine did not look at all like yours.

    I will have to try again with the correct ingredients. (I didn't feel bad about it, however, because I ate some of your 'ice cream' while I was baking!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...that's so bizarre! My guess would probably be the flax egg...flax is a bit heavier than the applesauce so maybe it didn't allow it to rise enough! What flour did you use also?? That could effect it. I actually learned in my class last year that different brands of flour even though they are the same TYPE could affect the turnout as well. It's all about trial & error! As far as the flavor goes, you may have to put more lemon in it, but keep in mind that will make it more acidic so you'll need a lil bit more baking powder or maybe even some baking soda.

      Delete